Thursday, February 7, 2008

Welcome

Hi! I'm sort of new at this blogging thing, but here goes.

I'm one of those weird people who is really into personal finance. I've discovered a whole niche of like-minded folks on the Internet, people who chase rates, go after freebies and bonuses, and just enjoy saving and making money.

Not too many people who do this are in the frum community. For one thing, the frum community likes to talk about spending money, not saving it. Well, call me cheap, or as I prefer, call me frugal. I do enjoy making or saving a buck or two, and hopefully, I'll be able to post some ideas that are specific to the Jewish community.

I don't want this blog to be anonymous but I'm not going to advertise my identity either. If it comes up, it comes up. I am single, Modern Orthodox and live in the New York area. I've lived in lots of different places.

Please send me your money saving/making ideas as comments. If they are worthwhile, I will convert them into posts and credit you (if you like).

No comments: